Bali WISE annual International Women’s Day event is inspired by the courage and perseverance of Indonesian women who dedicate their lives to empower others and make their community a better place. As part of the celebration to the International Women’s Day around the world, we would like to hold an event to acknowledge the efforts of women for gender equality and their rights on the 10th March 2020.
The Bali WISE mission is to empower young, marginalized women of Indonesia through skills education. Once graduates gain skilled employment, they can break the downward spiral of poverty, support their families, and make a contribution to their community and the nation. The Bali WISE annual International Women’s Day event is inspired by the courage and perseverance of Indonesian women who are committed to making positive change.
This year, Bali WISE will awards 15 women from 3 categories of Inspiring Change Maker of the Year; Business Women of the Year; and Environmental Conservation and Stewardship. In this time of changing climate, deadly heat waves, and devastating wildfires, our theme this year highlights the important link between empowering women through education and, stewardship of the earth.
This year’s awards will be presented by Ms. Happy Salma who has dedicated her life to empowering women all over Indonesia. Known most for her passion for arts, culture, and heritage of Indonesia, Happy Salma has joined The Apurva Kempinski Bali as their Art Advisor.
Our second awards presenter is by Australia Consul-General in Bali, Ms. Anthea Griffin, who is a senior career officer with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and was most recently Assistant Secretary, Overseas Operations and Services Branch.
To celebrate the achievements of these inspiring women, this year venue is at the amazing Apurva Kempinski Bali. Standing atop the majestic cliff of Nusa Dua, with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and tropical garden, The Apurva Kempinski Bali offers the epitome of beachfront luxury. This five-star hotel in Bali presents itself as a majestic open-air theatre, an embodiment of Indonesian elegance.
Join Bali WISE in supporting these young women by attending our fundraising event “Daughters of the Earth”. The evening includes a 4 course dinner with free flow wine, live entertainment, awards, and a chance to meet our students. By attending this event, you help finance skills education for our students and set them on a path towards a brighter future.
International Women’s Day – Daughters of the Earth
Our three nomination categories are:
- Inspiring change maker of the year
- Business woman of the year
- Environmental conservation and stewardship
Each of the nominees should have at least demonstrate 3 out of 4 points in order to win the award. Each category explained:
Inspiring Change Maker of the Year
- This award goes to the Indonesian or expatriate residents who’ve made a change within their community big or small
- How they have empowered women along the way
- How they have thought about environmental conservation
- How they have demonstrated humanitarian aid
Business Woman of the Year
- This award goes to a business woman who supports and promotes women’s empowerment through her business
- Has a sustainable business
- Has demonstrated that the business owner supports local business, such as farmers, artisans, etc
Environmental conservation and stewardship
- A woman whose work supports conservation efforts
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- A member of an NGOs or community group
- An individual whose work contributes to conservation